Our regulatory powers enables us to:
We will be able to use the following sanctions:
- approve or reject a fee and access plan;
- provide directions in respect of an institution that fails to comply with applicable fee limits;
- monitor and evaluate compliance and effectiveness of a fee and access plan;
- provide directions in respect of failure to comply with general requirements of approved fee and access plans;
- assess or make arrangements to assess the quality of education of regulated institutions;
- provide directions and measures in respect of inadequate quality and quality that is likely to become inadequate;
- prepare a Code relating to the organisation and management of the financial affairs of regulated institutions;
- monitor compliance with the Code;
- provide directions and measures in respect of a regulated institution’s failure or likely failure to comply with the Code;
- prepare a statement of our intervention functions.
Additionally, we will:
- refuse to approve a new fee and access plan;
- duty to withdraw approval of a fee and access plan;
- withdraw approval of a fee and access plan.
- provide Welsh Ministers with an annual report setting out how we have exercised our regulatory functions.
- provide Welsh Ministers with special reports on the regulated sector’s compliance with fee limits and quality of education, when requested.
- not require a governing body of an institution to act in breach of its obligations as charity trustees or anything that is incompatible with its own governing documents.
- take into account the importance of academic freedom.