Data collection and funding calculations
Higher and further education institutions provide information to us via a number of data surveys and information requests.This information is used for the following purposes:
- the calculation of funding allocations
- monitoring progress towards the reaching higher targets
- monitoring equal opportunities
- monitoring Initial Teacher Training (ITT) provision leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- publishing information on the HE sector in Wales
- informing policy
The Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and Welsh Government also collect individualised student data on our behalf.
The information in the section relates to the collection and use of this data that we hold and is provided for use by MIS or data contacts within institutions.