- HEFCW Annual Public Meeting
- Date: 29 October 2010
Academics, students, businesses and members of the public are all invited to attend HEFCW’s Annual Public Meeting at:
HEFCW's offices, The Orchards, Llanishen, CardiffTo attend, you need to register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 029 2076 1861.
Friday, 29 October 2010
10:00 am – 11:30 am
(Tea and coffee from 9.30)
- This public meeting will be an opportunity to reflect on recent achievements in higher education in Wales and discuss future issues affecting universities in Wales. The meeting also marks the launch of our latest Annual Report.
- Governor Development Conference
- Date: 3 March 2010
- Keynote speech by Minister for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills
- Transcript of Minister's speech
- University heads and governors met to discuss the management and governance of universities in the midst of an economic downturn.
- The Governor Development Conference addressed various topics including ensuring the financial health and sustainability of universities and the maintenance of university staff morale during tough times, and discussed the essential attributes of a 21st century university.
- The Minister for Children, Education and Lifelong Learning, Leighton Andrews, gave the keynote speech at the event which was held on the same day he announced a review of higher education governance.
- The conference was organised by the Chairs of Higher Education in Wales (CHEW), the Leadership Foundation, Higher Education Wales and the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW).