eduroam is an international roaming service. It provides eligible users with easy and secure internet access when visiting an institution other than their own. HEFCW provides visitors with wireless eduroam connectivity at the Bedwas office. It is available during office hours every week day.
Information for visitors to HEFCW
eduroam is available via wireless access points everywhere within the HEFCW office. Wired eduroam connectivity is not provided.
Visitors connecting to eduroam via HEFCW access points are subject to the eduroam at HEFCW conditions of use – see below. Connections are filtered for inappropriate content in accordance with this policy.
Visitors requiring support when visiting HEFCW should contact their Home site in the first instance.
Information for HEFCW staff
HEFCW staff can connect to eduroam at any one of thousands of sites worldwide.
For general information on eduroam, please see the eduroam section on the intranet, or contact a member of the ICT team.
HEFCW staff requiring support when visiting other institutions should contact a member of the HEFCW ICT team in the first instance.
Important: Users must remove all traces of the HEFCW eduroam profile from their personal devices when their association with HEFCW ends.
eduroam at HEFCW – Conditions of use
- All browsing activity is logged and is liable to be viewed at any time by authorised HEFCW staff.
- Do not use the connection to access material that is inappropriate to the workplace, is profane or obscene, that advocates illegal acts, or that advocates violence or discrimination towards other people.
- Do not use inappropriate or offensive words or phrases when using web search engines; online activity can be traced back to the source.
- The person connecting is responsible for all activity on that device.
- The connection is not encrypted in any way. Be aware of the danger when submitting sensitive information online, especially outside of SSL encrypted websites.
- Web filtering is in operation on this connection. Certain sites, site categories and network protocols may be blocked.
- HEFCW accepts no responsibility for hardware, software or configuration damage, change or loss sustained by connecting to this wireless network.
- The connection is protected by a firewall, but HEFCW accepts no responsibilty for security of guest devices. It is recommended that as a minimum, each connected device runs a firewall and virus protection. Connect to the internet at your own risk.
- If you disagree with any of the conditions of use, you must disconnect immediately.