Wrexham Glyndŵr University
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Maria Hinfelaar|
|Chair of Governors||Maxine Penlington|
Wrexham Glyndŵr University was created in 2008 out of the North East Wales Institute of Higher Education which itself had been established in 1975 as a result of a merger of Cartrefle College of Education, Denbighshire Technical College and Flintshire College of Technology. Through these colleges Wrexham Glyndŵr University can trace its origins back to 1887.
The main location for the University in Wrexham is the Plas Coch Campus with additional campuses at Regent Street (North Wales School of Art and Design), St Asaph, Northop and London.
|Academic profile 2015/16 (Source: HEFCW End of Year Monitoring Survey)|
|Total student enrolments||6,430|
|Full-time student enrolments||3,130|
|Sandwich year out student enrolments||0|
|Part-time student enrolments||3,300|
Note: data is subject to rounding.