Press releases 2015
- New regulatory system for higher education in Wales
- Date: 1 September 2015
- The Higher Education (Wales) Act 2015 became law in March. This has meant changes to HEFCW’s powers – and, in particular, an enhanced role as a regulator of higher education (HE) in Wales.
- Student satisfaction remains high
- Date: 12 August 2015
- 85% of students in Wales are satisfied with their overall higher education experience, according to the latest survey of universities and further education colleges. The National Student Survey (NSS), now in its eleventh year, shows that overall satisfaction has remained steady, and there were particular gains in the areas of learning resources and satisfaction with the students’ union.
- Welsh universities innovate and work with businesses
- Date: 22 July 2015
- Last week, universities in Wales received the outcomes of the annual survey which looks at how they interact with businesses. The results of the Higher Education Business and Communities Interaction (HE-BCI) survey once again showed how successfully university researchers collaborate with commerce, community bodies and the public sector.
- Funding for higher education in 2015/16
- Date: 22 May 2015
- The Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW) has announced how it will allocate £154 million of public funding for universities in the next academic year.