- HEFCW Annual Public Meetings
- Date: Monday, 7 December and Tuesday, 15 December 2009.
Cardiff, Park Plaza Hotel,
Monday, 7 December
2:30 pm –3:30 pm
(Refreshments from 2:00 pm)
Tuesday, 15 December
10:00 am – 11:00 am (Refreshments from 9.30 am)
We are inviting people to attend our Annual Public Meetings for 2009.
This will be an opportunity to:
• reflect on recent achievements in higher education in Wales
• hear about and discuss future issues affecting universities and colleges in Wales
• receive a copy of our latest Annual Report
• meet other people who have an interest in higher education over tea, coffee and mince pies.
Please register your attendance by phoning 029 2068 2225 or e-mailing email@example.com.
- Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship (ESDGC) Conference
- Date and time: 09 July 2009
- HEFCW is hosting a free conference on ESDGC to inform the future activities and priorities of HEFCW and the Welsh Assembly Government at the Conference and Performance Centre, Glyndŵr University, 11 am – 4 pm.
• Peter Davies, Sustainable Development Commission; Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship – Actions to date and in the Future
• Higher Education Academy - ESDGC Curriculum Audit Analysis
Professor Howard Colley, HE Academy - Analysis of ESDGC in Welsh institutions
Derek Jones, Glyndŵr University - ESDGC: Where do we go from here?
Dr Jane Claricoates, Swansea University - ESDGC curriculum assessment at Swansea University
• Breakout sessions on Curriculum Audit ESDCG and the Curriculum Exercise
From Institutional Interest to Practical Progress
•SQW Consulting - Analysis of Good Practice in Welsh Higher Education Institutions
Patricia Ambrose and Aiofi Ni Luanaigh: ESDGC - good practice and baselining in HEIs
•Dr Einir Young, Bangor University - Environmental Management Systems
•Professor Ken Peattie, Director of Business Relationships Accountability, Sustainability and Society , Cardiff University - ESDGC & The Curriculum: Meanwhile 15
- E for Enhancement
- Date and time: 02 April 2009
- The HEFCW/ JISC RSC Wales/ HE Academy Enhancement Conference took place at Cardiff University’s School of Optometry, on the 2 April 2009.
The theme of the conference was technology enhanced learning and teaching in higher education. Professor Stephen Heppell, visiting Professor at University of Wales, Newport, provided a key note address. The other key note address was on the outcomes of the Gwella Project, presented by the HE Academy. Sean Mackney, Deputy Chief Executive of the HE Academy, chaired the conference.
- The presentations are on the JISC website: JISC RSC Wales Event page