The Council has established a number of committees.
- Audit and Risk Assurance Committee - gives our Council independent assurance as to the effectiveness of internal control, corporate governance, and risk management.
- Human Resources Committee - considers and approves all employment related matters.
- Nominations Committee - appoints and re-appoints members of suitable expertise onto Council committees, as well as representatives of HEFCW onto external committees and panels.
- Quality Assessment Committee - undertakes the Council’s statutory responsibilities in respect of quality assessment arising from the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 and the Higher Education (Wales) Act 2015.
- Regulation Committee - advises our Council on the implementation of HEFCW’s regulatory responsibilities under the HE (Wales) Act 2015.
- Remuneration Committee - makes recommendations to the Welsh Government about the pay and performance review of the Chief Executive.
- Research, Innovation and Engagement committee - advises our Council on strategies for innovation, engagement (third mission) and research activities and the policies and principles underpinning them, including funding arrangements.
- Student Opportunity and Achievement Committee - advises our Council on all matters relating to student opportunity and achievement in higher education, including Welsh Medium, Initial Teacher Training, widening access, equality and diversity, and skills and employability, with the aim of ensuring that Welsh higher education meets the needs and expectations of learners and other stakeholders.