Initial teacher training (ITT) statistics
We publish a range of data about the make-up of the ITT student population at each ITT provider, as well as summary tables for the higher education sector.
We update this information annually. The information may be of help to prospective trainee teachers in finding out more about the performance of ITT providers.The data includes:
- student numbers
- entry qualifications
- numbers of Welsh medium students
- numbers achieving Qualified Teacher Status
- degree classifications for those on undergraduate courses
- destinations of leavers, including numbers entering the teaching profession in Wales and elsewhere
- equality opportunities information: gender, age profile, ethnic origin, and disability status
Welsh Government also publishes information about students training to become teachers on courses of Initial Teacher Education (ITE) that lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). The last year for which HEFCW will publish data is 2015/16.