|Telephone||029 2087 4000|
|Vice-Chancellor and President||Professor Colin Riordan|
|Chair of Council||Professor Stuart Palmer|
The origins of Cardiff University date from the University College of South Wales and Monmouthshire which was founded in 1883, changing its name to University College Cardiff in 1972. It became the University of Wales College of Cardiff upon merger with UWIST in 1988, then University of Wales, Cardiff and is now Cardiff University. The University celebrated its 125th anniversary in 2008. In 2004 the then University of Wales College of Medicine, (being established as the Welsh National School of Medicine in 1931) merged with Cardiff University.
The main buildings are located in Cardiff's civic centre at Cathays Park, in Colum Drive, Newport Road (collectively known as the Cathays Park Campus) and at Heath Park (the Heath Park Campus).
|Academic profile 2012/13 (Source: HEFCW End of Year Monitoring Survey)|
|Sandwich year out students||416|